
2 Hours
Since it was so close to the holiday season, the kids were diligently working on a thanksgiving word search. The classroom enviornment was extremly laid back today since it was so close to break. The students also made turkeys out of toliet paper rolls, and covered them with marker.
I feel as though the students here need to be treated a little more like the age that they are. I know that they suffer from disabilities, but doing busy work like this everyday seems to me that the teacher is not trying as hard as she can to help these students perform to the best of the ability. Sometimes when I am in the classroom for a while, I dont feel as though i am in a highschool classroom, but more of an elementary classroom. I notice all the time how much the teacher ignores the needs of the students, or is just to plain lazy to put in the effort that is obviously needed.
According to Chapter 2 in the text, it explains the importance of assessment and how it becomes a major part of the RTI model. After observing my classroom for 20 hours, I feel as though differentiated instuction is not used at this school, or at least at this classroom.
Kirk S. , Gallagher J.J. , Coleman M.R. , & Anastasiow N. (2009). Educating Exceptional Children (12th ed. , p.45 ). Boston, NY: Houghton Mifflin Company

No comments:
Post a Comment